- The Ollie provides programs and services to reduce the social isolation of South Boston seniors and prevent their premature institutionalization, enhance their physical well-being and independent functioning, their emotional and intellectual health, and provide information and programs addressing the needs and interests of South Boston seniors as they present them.
- This program is entirely consistent with the Ollie’s guiding principles to be a safe haven for elderly adults where social interaction, healthy activities and learning opportunities are ever-present and to promote, encourage and develop health, wellness and independent living.
- The program is delivered on-site at 136 H Street, South Boston.
- The program is staffed with one part-time Program Director and one part-time Program Assistant
- Health and Information programming includes: yoga, weight lifting, exercise, dance, bowling and health seminars (i.e. KINections – grandparents raising grandchildren support).
- Recreational programming includes: bingo, games and movies, shopping, special events, holiday parties and trips.
- Facilitates a monthly round-table of providers in South Boston for all senior resident coordinators and senior advocates (both public and private).
- Daily Kit Clark Lunch Program
- Monthly Taxi Coupons through the City of Boston Elderly Commission
- City of Boston Elderly Commission Senior Advocate is on-site once/month
There is an annual membership fee of $25.00. Scholarships and payment plans are available.
For more information contact Carole Sullivan, Director of Senior Center Programs at (617) 268-1619 ext 301 or email at email@example.com